Headteachers have the responsibility of ensuring your children make progress, and our baseline assessment can support you in demonstrating the progress those pupils make.
Our reception baseline assessment, BASE, can be used as a way to:
- Help understand the developmental stage and needs of each individual child when he or she joins you in reception, and monitor the progress each child makes from that starting point.
- Provide powerful pupil and class level profiles which inform discussion as part of a holistic understanding of children in your reception class.
- Demonstrate whole class and individual pupil progress to Ofsted, to parents and to governors.
- Facilitate valuable one-to-one time between your teachers and each pupil right at the start of reception, helping them to plan tailored learning activities from the outset.
Why CEM and why BASE:
- Our track record: Over 3.6 million assessments have been carried out using our PIPS Baseline assessment for reception since its launch in 1994. BASE is built upon the research and experience we have gained from PIPS.
- BASE provides the information you need: BASE reports will help you to plan appropriate experiences for children, to demonstrate progress to Ofsted, and to share information with parents and governors.
- Efficiency: BASE is easy to set-up and quick to carry out, it requires no teacher marking and feedback reports are returned electronically within 48 hours.
- Values: CEM is a not-for-profit research organisation – we reinvest in education and are constantly improving approaches to assessment.