Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring (CEM) is part of Durham University and will be referred to as CEM throughout this website/documentation.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained in our literature and on our website is correct at the time of publication. CEM will use reasonable endeavours to deliver products and other services in accordance with the descriptions provided.
CEM, however, reserves the right to make variations to product contents, fees, methods of delivery, to discontinue/merge or combine products, and to make variations to regulations, both before and after an institution’s registration, if such action is reasonably considered necessary by CEM.
Should industrial action or other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of CEM occur, and this interferes with CEM’s ability to deliver products or other services in accordance with the descriptions provided, CEM will use all reasonable endeavours to minimise disruption as far as it is practical to do so.
If, after an institution registers for a product and has been accepted, the product is substantially varied from that described in the literature for reasons other than circumstances beyond CEM’s reasonable control, CEM will use reasonable endeavours to provide a suitable replacement product. If the institution does not wish to accept the replacement product, the institution shall be entitled to withdraw from the product. In the event of such withdrawal a refund of registration fees shall be made in accordance with CEM's policy.
Throughout our publications, words importing the masculine gender include the feminine gender.
Access to and use of this site ('cem.org') is provided by CEM subject to the following terms:
- By using cem.org the user agrees to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of cem.org. If the user does not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use cem.org.
- CEM may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure the users are aware of any changes made by CEM. The user’s continued use of cem.org after changes are posted means the users agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
Users of cem.org
- Users may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use cem.org content in any way except for the user’s own personal, non-commercial use. Users also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any cem.org content except for the user’s own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of cem.org content requires the prior written permission of CEM.
- Users agree to use cem.org only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use of cem.org. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within cem.org.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- cem.org content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to CEM, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "IS AVAILABLE" basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- Under no circumstances will CEM be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of cem.org regardless of the form of action.
- CEM does not warrant that functions contained in cem.org content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that cem.org or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
- The intellectual property published on CEM website is owned solely by Durham University. The names, images and logos identifying CEM or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of CEM and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of CEM or any other third party.
Contributions to cem.org
By submitting the contribution to cem.org, the user warrants that the contribution:
- is the users own original work and that the user has the right to make it available to CEM for all the purposes specified above;
- is not defamatory; and
- does not infringe any law; and
- indemnify CEM against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by CEM as a result of the users breach of the above warranty; and
- waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on cem.org and the purposes specified above.
- If there is any conflict between these terms and any terms appearing elsewhere on cem.org (including local house rules) then the former shall prevail.
- If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.