discover what children know and can do from the start
Support early learning and development.
A fun, interactive assessment, BASE is a tool that takes just 20 minutes and feels more like a game than a test. Demonstrate progress across their first year in school and gain empowering insight that will help you tailor teaching plans to best support your students.
For teachers in international schools, BASE complements the Cambridge Primary programme, and works seamlessly with the subject knowledge assessments to help generate a larger picture of your pupils’ learning pace and stage.
What is BASE?
BASE is, in short, a ‘baseline assessment’. BASE gives you a clearer picture of every child in your class through a fun, story-based assessment so you can help them flourish and grow. BASE can be used at the start of the year, as a fun first assessment that allows you to spot potential issues early, and then again at the end of the year to celebrate their progression.
The BASE focus areas:
The first year in school is critical in a child’s learning journey. Based on over 30 years of research, BASE focuses on the following so you can identify those vital opportunities for support:
- Personal, social and emotional development
The benefits of BASE
Set yourself and your students up for future success and see the short-term benefits as soon as you start using BASE.
- Understand your children’s starting points quickly
- Find hidden potential or additional needs
- Plan and resource interventions early
- Use BASE to inform your planning, resources, and interventions (for an individual or a whole-class)
- Monitor your progress from the start to the end of the year
- Meet your school goals and future proof your children’s progress (so they do better in their GCSEs)
treat it as a ‘getting to know you’ assessment
evolving with the child’s abilities
so you can choose the package that suits your school and budget
Quick and easy
it takes just 20 minutes to work through a fun story style session!
giving you quality time to observe your pupils in one-to-one sessions
no paperwork required!
perfect for the state and independent sector
Discover more about BASE today