Primary Insight for ages 5-11
Unlock the potential in your classroom
Cambridge Primary Insight – the next generation of InCAS – provides unique insight into every child’s ability.
We have preserved the integrity and reliability of twenty years of research and insight, while implementing a range of new features and benefits which make Cambridge Primary Insight even more intuitive, meaningful and powerful.
Avg Duration: 20 minutes per module (five modules)
Assessment: Baseline, Adaptive, Explorative, Digital
Modules: Reading, Spelling, Mathematics, Mental Arithmetic and Developed Ability
Find out more
Talk to an Expert
Find out how Cambridge Primary Insight can improve outcomes for your school
Join one of our upcoming webinars to find out more about how the new Cambridge Primary Insight can help see children’s strengths and weaknesses, reveal their hidden talents, and spot where they need help.
Tues, Apr 18, 2023 8:00 AM (GMT)
What is Cambridge Primary Insight?
Cambridge Primary Insight is the next generation in primary assessment from Cambridge CEM, empowering teachers to build a strong foundation and unlock their students’ potential.
Cambridge Primary Insight is here to:
- Benchmark what your students’ levels of ability are when you start working with them.
- Highlight any hidden talent or undiscovered strengths.
- Suggest where additional support is needed.
- Give you the opportunity to tailor your teaching, using personalised reports.
- Offer an objective measurement that helps you compare/track children’s progress and prepare them for long-term success.
What does Cambridge Primary Insight assess?
Students are assessed in these five key developmental areas which research shows are linked to later academic outcomes:
- Reading (word recognition, decoding, and comprehension)
- Mathematics (includes counting, arithmetic, fractions, patterns, algebra, measures, shape and space, and data handling)
- Mental Arithmetic (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
- Developed Ability (picture vocabulary and non-verbal reasoning)
Unlock potential by giving students a personalised, and rewarding experience. The adaptive programming tailors the questions to each individual’s ability.
Fast-forward that ‘getting to know you’ time, so you can quickly get to grips with what your students do and don’t know and focus on what they need to flourish. No paperwork or marking required.
Flexible and Fun
Assess once at any time during the year. The five short modules are fun and interactive.
Each student completes the assessment independently, so it can be carried out with multiple students during one or more normal lessons.
See it all, from the big picture down to the finest detail. Get actionable insights that super-charge your teaching.
Objective, research-based measurements of key success factors for learning. Data that helps you compare and track student progress.
What's new with Cambridge Primary Insight?
You asked, we acted. Here’s what’s new:
- Improved overall user experience, including multiple-user administration access and interactive reports for powerful insights.
- New teacher guidance included in individual and group reports – giving you instant insight to support the best next steps for every learner.
- A responsive interface that works seamlessly across desktop and tablet devices.
- Improved content for students with English as an additional language.
- A new individual parent report.
"We use InCAS (now evolved into Cambridge Primary Insight) data to inform planning, set aspirational targets and give parents a picture of how their children are performing amongst a large, diverse cohort, rather than just amongst a class or year group."
Kirsten O' Connor, Head of Primary, The British School in TokyoRead More...
Ready to get started with Cambridge Primary Insight?
Choose from two subscription options:
Reports vary, depending on which option you choose. Our friendly team will be happy to help you decide which option is right for your school.
Cambridge Primary Insight Core
- Core Reporting
- - Summary of Scores (modules only)
- - Individual Student Report (modules only)
- Core onboarding and training
£9.50 per pupil
Cambridge Primary Insight Plus
- Extended pupil and class/cohort reporting
- - Summary of Scores (modules and sections)
- - Individual Student Report (modules and sections)
- - Year Group Overview
- Progress measure reporting
- - Individual Progress
- - Performance Snapshot
- Parent reporting
- Guidance for teaching and learning
- Core onboarding and training
£14.50 per pupil
If you are an existing InCAS customer, we will be in touch to arrange your migration to Cambridge Primary Insight.
Transform information into insight
We’re now offering professional development to complement our baseline assessments. These courses and bespoke packages provide teachers and leaders with best practices, insights, and tools to use their own CEM assessment data and reports to create actionable insight.