Find out more
Talk to an Expert
Transform information into insight
Cambridge CEM Professional Development empowers teachers and leaders to use assessment data to put their students on the best possible developmental path.
Our courses will teach you how to:
- Make the most of your assessment data to create evidence-driven development plans
- Present your students’ development to parents or leadership
- Provide your school, group, or trust with the benefit of having assessment data knowledge in-house, allowing for knowledge transfer and ensuring no insight is lost
What is Cambridge CEM Professional Development?
Cambridge CEM Professional Development is a series of courses and bespoke packages that provide further insight into our powerful assessment reporting capability. These courses are available for anyone using Cambridge CEM’s baseline and formative assessments.
Our courses will guide you through the powerful, dynamic reporting capabilities of Cambridge CEM’s assessment tools. You will learn how to:
- Identify strengths and weaknesses on a per-student, per-cohort, school, group, and multi-academy trust level
- Use predictive data to review indicators of potential exam performance to help build tailored development plans for students
- Formulate reports for senior leaders, governors, department heads, parents, and more based on course learnings
- Formulate reports to show student development and compare with data from other schools based on course learnings
Key CEM PD Skills Individual Courses
Key CEM PD Skills courses are available for individuals looking to upskill in data analysis, insight reporting, and formulating development strategies. These courses are available for our primary (InCAS (now evolved into Cambridge Primary Insight)) and secondary (MidYIS, Yellis, and Alis) assessments.
Bespoke CEM Professional Development
Our suite of bespoke packages provides tailored insight for your school or group. These packages are available for teachers, middle leaders, and senior leaders who are using Cambridge CEM’s baseline and formative assessments and are suitable for organisations that cater to students of all ages.
Cambridge CEM Professional Development Case Study
Read an interview with Helen Pike, Senior Deputy Head, Academic, Head of Teaching and Learning, and Dr Craig Wilson, Executive Principal, CATS colleges, UK about how they have used professional development to understand their school reports.
See what teachers are saying about CEM
Wherever you’re based in the world, whether you’re a state, independent or international school, our Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring assessments help thousands of teachers help students realise their true potential.
"Cambridge CEM provided an excellent day of professional development on how to get the best out of all the Baseline data we have at our disposal. The variety of presentations and topics covered kept the day interesting and focused. I am certainly looking forward to delving into the data to better aid our pupils’ development."
"The courses were very helpful – it was a good experience to know how other schools are using CEM products, for example how and when the reports are shared with parents. Some reports can be challenging to interpret but after discussing it during one of the trainings, we can better use them to track the progress of our learners. Our teachers are able to improve students’ outcomes because of CEM."
"The secondary courses on sharing data with parents and data insights for senior leaders were very useful for those of us managing data in schools. Real examples helped in outlining how data can best serve all stakeholders, parents, staff, and students."
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Will I receive a certificate or any additional resources I can make use of after the course(s)?
2. How much do the courses cost?
3. How long are the courses?
4. Who delivers the courses?
5. Are the courses CPD certified?
6. How do these courses fit with other support available to my school, trust, or group?
Turning data into insight
Find out how Tony Emmerson, Senior Deputy Head at The English College in Prague, has used Cambridge CEM assessment data to uncover insights and deliver better learning outcomes for his students.